Thank you so much to Andy over at Too Many Books Not Enough Shelves for nominating me and my blog for the Liebster Award! This award is for those newer/smaller blogs that you feel deserve recognition, so this means a lot to me. I’m pretty new to the blogging world, and even though it takes a lot of hard work, I am having so much fun with it. I couldn’t be happier, and being recognized for what has become my baby is an honor.
Andy’s Questions for Me:
1. What book totally took you by surprise and how?
Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith. I’ll be honest. I only read this book because Tom Hardy is one of my favorite actors, and I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie. I didn’t expect too much from it. It didn’t sound like something I would normally read. But, I am SO glad I did. It was amazing. Completely unpredictable and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It is now one of my favorite books.
2. If you could be transported into any world, what world would it be?
It might be a popular answer, but I’d say the Harry Potter world. I’ve always identified with Hermione, and I would love to experience this world of magic and meet the awesome characters within it.
3. What kind of character are you (hero/villain, main character/minor, etc.)?
That’s a tough one. Sometimes I feel like the main character, but then again, I am sometimes the minor character. There are times where the world revolves around me and my hectic, drama-filled life. Then, there are times where I’m the one my friends and family members go to for advice. I think everyone can relate to that.
4. If you were ever able to meet your favorite author, who would it be and what would you say to them?
It would probably be Sophie Kinsella. She seems like such an awesome person, and I would thank her for always making me laugh and putting me in a good mood with all of her books.
5. Who’s your favorite minor character? Why?
I can’t think of any specific ones, but I tend to love the best friend of a female main character who is kind of crazy and outgoing and would do anything for her best friend. That chick who would help you hide the body, no questions asked.
6. What stand-alone book do you feel deserves a sequel?
You know what? Most of the stand-alone books that I loved ended perfectly, and a sequel would ruin them. As much as I would love to read more about the characters I ended up loving, I think a sequel can easily drag out the story unnecessarily.
7. Where do you read?
I usually read in bed or on the couch in my PJs. It’s my me time, and I love to just be comfortable and relax with a good book.
8. How are your bookshelves organized?
Alphabetical order, of course. I’m a bit OCD when it comes to my books. They have to be in alphabetical order by the author’s last name, or else I kind of freak out.
9. Do you ever buy cover reprints?
If it looks awesome, then yes. There have been a few original covers that I did not like, but I loved the new versions that came out years later.
10. What fictional character do you wish actually existed?
SO MANY! Pretty much all my favorite book boyfriends, especially Dane Winters from The Line Between by Tamsyn Bester because I am still suffering from a major book hangover since reading it. And I am in love with him 🙂
11. Tell me a funny book story (something that happened at the library/book store/book club or even an interaction on social media).
My daughter has become a little bookworm like her mom, so we go to the local bookstore every week. It’s this very small bookstore within the library, so it’s usually pretty quiet. My toddler, who is potty training, is usually pretty good about not being too loud, but this one day, she decided she would stop doing that. This guy was looking at books near her, and that was when she decided she had to poop. She looks at him and says fairly loudly, “I need to try and poopoo!” and then she passed gas very loudly. He pretended he didn’t hear her and walked away. It was so embarrassing!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I have written in a diary/journal since I was 10 years old.
2. One of my goals in life is to have an entire library in my house, one room where all the walls are filled with books.
3. I LOVE action movies, especially ones with Bruce Willis.
4. My guilty pleasure is a Big Mac and fries from McDonald’s. Don’t judge 🙂
5. I love playing board games. Years from now, I will have a weekly family game night with my husband and kids.
6. I’m a bit of a Grammar Nazi.
7. I’m guilty. I judge a book by its cover.
8. We have Disneyland passes and go several times a year.
9. I’m a substitute teacher.
10. Every time I go to the bookstore, I buy 6 books because they have been on sale: 3 for $1.
11. I buy books way faster than I read. It’s getting ridiculous.
I Nominate the Following Awesome Blogs:
I tried to do some stalking to make sure 1) you have less than 200 followers and 2) you haven’t gotten the award yet. However, I may have missed it, so I apologize if I did.
And My Questions for These Awesome Bloggers:
1. What made you want to start a blog?
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
3. Where do you usually get your books?
4. Do you prefer physical books or eBooks?
5. What is your favorite genre to read and why?
6. What is your least favorite genre?
7. What is the last book that made you cry?
8. What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
9. What is the last book you gave 5 stars to (or the highest rating you give)?
10. What is your favorite series?
11. What is the first book you remember reading?
Thanks again to Andy for nominating me! And thanks for reading! Can’t wait to read the posts from the people I nominated 🙂